Serving the Lowcountry and Coastal Empire of Georgia and South Carolina.
-SouthCoast Health's treatment offices remain open for patient visits-
Due to the current public health emergency surrounding COVID-19, we want to keep you abreast of processes that SouthCoast Health is implementing to protect the health of our patients, employees and the community. LEARN MORE.
Sunday, March 22, 2020
SouthCoast Health’s mission is to improve and protect the health and safety of everyone who walks through our doors.
Since Friday, March 20th, 2020, SouthCoast Health received results that three patients tested positive for the COVID-19 virus; one who visited our Evening Urgent Care clinic located at 1326 Eisenhower Drive in Savannah and two who were tested at our mobile sampling site. All precautionary guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for treatment and response were followed for all three cases, and the cases have been reported to the Georgia Department of Public Health.
SouthCoast Health is committed to having the safest environment reasonably possible for delivering state-of-the-art health care. In addition to adhering to the guidelines set forth by the CDC, we have taken the following precautionary steps to ensure that our offices are safe for patients with appointments.
● We screen every employee each day when they arrive to work.
● We screen every patient prior to entry to the building.
o Those with symptoms are asked to return to their vehicle where they are further examined by staff.
o If they need testing, we arrange for them to be tested at our mobile sampling site.
● When possible, patients are prescreened over the phone, and suspected COVID-19 patients are sent to be tested at our mobile sampling site.
● Patients who are admitted into our clinics sit in waiting rooms arranged for their safety.
● We are limiting the number of people who enter our offices and request patients come alone unless assistance or a caregiver is needed.
● All SouthCoast providers have the ability to see patients virtually through the use of telemedicine.
SouthCoast Health has been on the cutting edge of responding to the COVID-19 virus and is the first healthcare provider in our region to offer mobile sampling sites. ONLY patients who are pre-screened and have a SouthCoast Health physician’s order can be sent for mobile testing.
While we are certain more cases of COVID-19 will strike our area, we are committed to helping the entire community get through this crisis with the best healthcare possible. For more updates and information, see our website at SouthCoastHealth.com.